Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
Total time: 50 Minutes
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (or any Italian seasoning)
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (even thickness, pound if needed)
- 3 Slicing tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. chopped basil
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning (or oregano) and whisk to combine. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag along with chicken; seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill over medium-high then add chicken, discarding excess marinade. Grill until charred and cooked to an internal temperature of 165°, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. While chicken is still on grill, top each breast with 1 slice mozzarella and cover until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato mixture.
- melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
Recipe by: Tiffany Azure